The next person you hear that puppets/echos the Food Pyramid Myth that ‘Saturated Fats Cause Heart Disease’, PLEASE share this blog with them! Cause guess what?
Guess what hormones are made of?
FAT AND CHOLESTEROL!
I know what you’re thinking…I thought cholesterol was bad too. NOPE. We were wrong about that too. It was alllll over the cover of last years ‘Time’ Magazine cover (READ STORY HERE)….blowing the lid off of Ansel Keys hidden agenda on ‘carbohydrate kick backs’ from the grain industry. AND … you guessed it … the TOP grossing prescription drug, otherwise known as STATINS. This blog is about coconut oil and WHY it’s so healthy for us for a wide variety of uses from fat loss to energy revving and glowing skin, so I’ll leave you to read the back story on saturated fats another time.
FOR NOW…onto the healing benefits of COCONUT OIL!
#1 – Coconut Whipped Cream
- Put coconut milk can in fridge overnight to cool!
- Chill small metal bowl in yo’ freezer for 15 min or so
- When you’re ready to whip, gather above ingredients on counter. Remove lid of coconut can, and scoop out the fat into chilled bowl.
- What to do with the liquid? I store it in a Mason jar and use in protein shakes!
- You need a handheld blender for this next step. I got THIS ONE on Amazon and have used the set up for more than just this recipe since (dicing veggies often = YES)! Get your hips ready…annnnnnnd….GO! Whip the coconut milk fat until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Whip your hips and hair, simultaneously!
- LICK THE BOWL TO TRY (duh! Best part!)
- K now add in the honey, vanilla extract, stevia, and salt. Whip again for another minute or so, then lick again! YES! WARNING: You may not stop at 1 lick!
- If there is any remaining, store it in a lil glass far in the fridge. Keeps for 1-3 days!
It makes about a cup, but ummmm, I think I ate half of it before I stored it in the fridge. hehee! It’s strawberry season when I’m posting this so what a treat I had some freshies in my fridge for a nice dessert! With COCONUT CREAM on top! OMG…D-lish!
K, you gotta try this one too. Only I think instead of the can next time, I’ll use the meat either straight out of a fresh coconut. Second thought, I don’t trust myself with a machete, ever since that incident with the panther in the Brazil forest, so I’ll just use the pre cut meat I have in the fridge, you can get at most health food stores ($10/bag in frozen section). I used it in the coconut yogurt video below 🙂
#2 – Easy, Homemade Coconut Milk
- Soak coconut flakes in water for 1-2 hours (save water)
- In a high powered blender (VITAMIX is THE best, CLICK HERE for more info on price & how to get my discount) – add coconut, water, vanilla and stevia and blend on highest speed. DANCE all over the kitchen. Why not? The blade is dancing too!
- TASTE TEST TIME – YES!!!! Drink some. SMILE! DANCE SOME MORE!
- Strain liquid through a fine mesh cheesecloth/nut milk bag (I have THIS ONE), save the solids to make coconut flour or whatever you want.
- Drink some! DANCE! You just made your first DIY Coconut Milk. You are SO sexy and innovative! Ok, now store the rest in a big Mason Jar and store in the fridge. Keeps for a week or so. I bought a BIG SET OF MASON JARS HERE and use them all the time!
#3 – Coconut Kefir (video below)
1) Pour contents of 1 Raw Coconut Water into mason jar 2/3 full.
Add probiotic powder (I like THIS ONE). 97% + on the market don’t make it to the colon. The one DOES!
OPTION 1: Probiotics not needed. Do step 1 above…Leave coconut water sit in a warm area (oven, cabinets, etc) overnight out of sunlight, stored for 24-48 hours! It’s ready when it sort of breaths — listen by putting your ear up to it.
2) SUGGESTED: pour raw coconut water into mason jar and add 1 contents of 1 capsule probiotic pill THEN let it sit overnight.
24-48 hours later = READY TO DRINK
3) CAN BUY KEFIR GRAINS from Body Ecology website to use instead of probiotic pill for starter/culture.
Daily suggested dose = ¼ to ½ cup per day and can increase dose, drink on empty stomach!
#4 – Coconut Yogurt (video below)
1) Blend contents of 1 bag raw coconut meat OR 1 raw coconut (purchasing fresh raw coconut meat in freezer section is healthiest, can also use 1 can of BPA free lining coconut milk too)
2) AFTER blending, stir in 1 probiotic pill per 1 cup of coconut meat
OPTIONAL: Add ¼ cup Coconut Kefir & 1 bag raw coconut cream OR 1 can coconut cream
3) Store in mason jar a little over half way (will expand during fermentation process)
4) Let sit in oven overnight for 24-48 hours and WALA = it’s ready to eat!
**Can store in fridge for up to 1 week
I like to put blueberries, walnuts and honey over a bowl of 1/2 cup of this DI-LISH Coconut yogurt!!!
#5 – Coconut Oil and COFFEE?
Longer Coffee High, More Energy OR Kick your Coffee Habit!
And BEYOND…Top 10 Uses for Coconut Oil!
- Oil Pulling (Oral Health)
- Sexy Time Lubricant
- Yeast, Herpes, Bacterial Infection Destroyer
Hair, Skin, Sex Health, More Energy, Less FAT!
In Summary: COCONUT OIL IS PRETTY AMAZE
Tropical Traditions is where it’s at. Best on the market and there is a HUGE reason behind using the PREMIUM kind, as just like anything, where the coconuts are from, how they’re raised, transported and processed dictates how well it works on your gorgeous bod! This is the kind I use the most for all of the coconut oil needs I listed in the above videos and beyond … the beyond including:
- making frozen vaginal suppository cubes out of coconut oil & probiotics to combat yeast infections
- making tooth paste
- for dry brushing moisturizer (sianara cellulite)
- DIY homemade deodorant
- applying it topically to combat skin rashes for all ages and genders (diaper rash, athlete’s foot, psoriasis, and more)
YOUR FRIENDS WILL LOVE YOU FOR SHARING THIS POST. For more reasons than one…if I were you, I would share it for selfish reasons. Seriously, think about it. Share it with them, they’ll get excited to make delish recipes like Coconut Whip Cream, and the next time you go over their house, you’ll get to indulge guilt free style. That’s a WIN WIN wouldn’t ya say? 😉
Don’t forget to join our Women Warrior movement on Facebook, Youtube and the No Excuse Moms Group. Just like a Natural Health Foods Store, you won’t find much fake about us!
Warrior on ladies!