In this video, Orange County Nutritionist Diane Kazer visits Maria Kang in her home to teach her how to make Almond Milk and Nut Butter from home WITHOUT all of the harmful ingredients and preservatives. And WHOA the flavor!!! Unbeatable. Fun for the whole family. As simple as 2 ingredients (Nuts and water) to as sweet tooth appeasing 5 ingredient recipe below! Try it and let me know what you think! Options are endless…you can use cashews, almonds, walnuts, pecans, any kind of nuts you prefer! (Use within 1 week to prevent spoilage)
Save your liver (the hassle of having to filter through and get clogged by the toxic preservatives in store bought nut milk)
Save your fat cells (from not having to store more toxins)
Annnnd save your kids life! By teaching them what REAL food is AND weaning them off of dairy.
DISCLAIMER: Dairy CAN be healthy for you, BUT not the pasteurized, homogenized, hormone laden kind. Raw, organic full fat yogurt and goat milk/yogurt in particular may be healthy for some, but sadly today for many, is a mucous forming, candida inspiring irritant.
TRY this homemade NUT MILK RECIPE as an alternative!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- High Powered Blender (I love my Vitamix)
- Nut Milk Bag (Optional)
- Storage Jars (Glass Preferred)
This nut milk is a great replacement for dairy, coffee mate and anything else that calls for milk in your standard meals! Really all you need is nuts and water. Everything else listed here is simply to flavor up the nut milk.
WANT TO KNOW THE EASIEST WAY? Use cashews instead of almonds. You don’t need to soak them as long (4 hours is all they need) and they don’t require straining through a nut milk bag. 🙂 Nevertheless, the proportions below are the same, whichever nuts you use!
- 1 cup almonds soaked overnight
- 3-4 cups filtered water (use less for thicker nut milk)
- 2 tbsp raw, local honey*
- 1 vanilla bean chopped
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg (optional)
*or pinch stevia if blood sugar issues, following a low sugar/Candida diet or diabetic/pre diabetic
- Soak almonds in a bowl of water (filtered ideally, I use my Berkey water), covered for anywhere between 8-24 hours. Rinse and drain.
- Place honey, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and soaked almonds in blender. Cover with water and blend on high for at least a minute.
- Now it’s time to strain. Bonus points if you have a nut bag! If not, use a fine mesh strainer. A nut bag is nice here because you can really squeeze all the liquid out. I like to add a little bit of “pulp” to my milk but you can also save the remaining almond meal for a plethora of uses!
- Store in a mason jar preferably (not plastic). Keeps for about 1 week. Can use in the Love my Hormones Shake recipe that has become popularized by thousands of women like you all around the world, as a replacement for your kids milk or just to drink straight!
Want more recipes like this? There’s more where that came from in my Free Hormone Starter Kit.